Monday, June 30, 2008

My recent trip to bread land. Wait, when did I come back?!




I am getting into bread so much I cant stand it. I could chew on a slice right now, I just don't have any! It is late, so I am vacillating between starting a starter for tomorrow, or just going with the ol' stand by. I found a great couple of loaves in my Joy of Cooking that my dear mother gave me for Christmas a couple years back. It makes such a great sandwich bread. Then there is the four loaves whipped out in two hours that I could, well, whip out. Then there is the focaccia that is great for gnawing on. I want to venture into making "sponges" that sit overnight. I also want the bread to be practical, as my main reason to use it is for toast, Pb and J's and the occasional slather with garlic butter to go with pasta.


Ah, who cares? Wanna come over for some bread and sop? Oil and vinegar? Butter anyone? Oh, how about some lovely homegrown tomatoes and basil? You bring the mozzarella.


Anyone have a great recipe that I could try?
Ezek 4:9 "Take thou also unto thee wheat, and barley, and beans, and lentiles, and millet, and fitches, and put them in one vessel, and make thee bread thereof...

No comments: